丢
1、遗留。
我一生是个无用的人,一块土也不曾丢给你们。---《儒林外史》
他把小空纸包揉成一团丢出了窗外。
He crunched up the empty pack and threw it out of the window.
卡莉和查理是经常丢袜子的女孩。
Carly and Charley are the girls who often lose their socks.
要是我不丢摩托车就好了。
If only I hadn't lost my motorbike.
劳动人民的本色不能丢。
We mustn't lose the good qualities of the labouring people.
为什么要丢棒子伤害我?
Why y you hurt me throwing stick?
你在哪儿丢它们的?
Where did you lose them?
自20年前孩子在公园走丢以来,这对父母就失去了孩子的音信。
The parents have lost track of their child since the kid got lost in the park 20 years ago.
他要是不改好,很快就会丢饭碗的。
If he doesn't shape up, he'll soon be out of a job.
他把那篇文章顺手丢进了抽屉。
He chucked the paper in a drawer.
所采取的销售方式丢尽了人。
The way the sales were handled was a complete disgrace.
没有票就让你进去,我可能会丢饭碗的。
It's more than my job's worth to let you in without a ticket.
我把她的信丢进了废纸篓。
I consigned her letter to the waste basket.
如果你把它们丢进水里,它们也会浮起来。
They will also float if you drop them in the water.
他们在帮助劈木头,然后丢进炉子那火红的大嘴里。
They were helping to chop wood to feed the red maw of the stove.
所有这些因素都让她的家人觉得她在丢全家人的脸。
All of these factors made the family feel that she was dishonouring them.
我们作为消费者需要确信我们的工作是不会丢的,这样才会去花闲钱。
We as consumers need to feel confident that our jobs are safe before we will spend spare cash.
所有的村民都应该将垃圾丢进垃圾箱里。
All villagers are supposed to put rubbish in the bin.
不是每个成年人都会因为丢东西而难过,但我丢了钱包很难过。
Not every adult is sad about losing something, but I was very upset about losing my wallet.
鲍勃认为丢一小片塑料没什么大不了。
Bob thinks that dropping a little piece of plastic is not a big deal.
当你把你的关心和忧虑丢进去时,把它们永远保存在那里。
When you've dropped in your care and worry, keep them forever there.
大量的废纸最终被丢进垃圾堆,甚至废物填埋场,在那里会产生有害气体。
A great deal of wastepaper ends up in rubbish and even landfills, where it can produce harmful gases.
如果你经常丢东西,你会很高兴有一项新发明,叫做“东西测位仪”。
If you often lose things, you'll be happy with a new invention called Things Spotter.
电话亭曾是英国许多街道上的重要一员,但随着手机的兴起,电话亭于20世纪80年代开始消失,绝大部分被丢至废品场。
After becoming an important part of many British streets, the phone boxes began disappearing in the 1980s, with the rise of the mobile phone sending most of them away to the junkyards.
你可以把一个iPad丢进大衣口袋吗?
Could you slip an iPad into a coat pocket?
快到时空隧道出口时,爸爸向我丢来了游泳圈。
Near the tunnel of time and space, my dad dropped me the swimming ring.
你总是丢橡皮擦。
You are always losing erasers.
起初大家以为房子一定是被抢了,但什么也没丢。
At first everybody had thought that the house must have been robbed, but nothing was missing.
-这是你唯一不能丢下的东西!-我知道,我没丢。
-That's the one thing you mustn't leave behind! -I know, I haven't lost it.
如果把一只大黄蜂丢进一只敞口平底玻璃杯里,不把它拿出来,它会在那儿一直呆到死。
A bumblebee, if dropped into an open tumbler, will be there until it dies, unless it is taken out.
中世纪时期,现代银行和信用工具出现之前,人们在家里存钱,一次丢几个硬币到罐子或盘子里。
In the Middle Ages, before modern banking and credit instruments, people saved money at home, a few coins at a time dropped into a jar or dish.