吼
1、(形声。从口,孔声。本义:大声叫)。
2、同本义。
吼,声也。---《广韵》
虎吼;狮子吼;大炮一再地吼
3、虹。
虹谓之吼。---明·李翊《俗呼小录》
奏国歌时,人群又吼又吹口哨。
During the playing of the national anthem the crowd roared and whistled.
狮子吼了一声,跳了起来。
The lion roared once, and sprang.
狮子吼了一声,跳了起来。
The lion roared once and sprang.
那条狗龇牙咧嘴地低吼。
The dog bared its teeth and growled.
他的怒气大到让他几乎说不出话来。他向皮特低吼了一些莫名其妙的话。
His fury was so great he could hardly speak. He growled some unintelligible words at Pete.
那是吼我的话。
That words are roars at me.
熊又开始吼了。
The bear roared again.
彼得只是吼了一声回答,气得差点打到可怜的“金翅雀”。
For answer Peter only growled, nearly hitting poor Thistlefinch in his anger.
在一个可可种植园里,豹猫在高耸的雨木下飞蹿而过,还有吼猴对着来访者尖叫。
In a cacao plantation, ocelots dart under towering saman trees and howler monkeys shriek at visitors.
我不是有意吼你。
I didn't mean to bark at you.
“别伤心。”他对每个人都用吼的。
"Don't get upset." He shouts at everyone.
我会不耐烦地吼她。
I would snap at her.
他只会吼你。
He would only snap at you.
事实上,当隆隆作响的囚车还未辗过鹅卵石铺就的巴黎的大街小巷,断头台处人群的呼吼还未在巴黎的上空回荡之时,柏克的著作就已于一七九零年问世。
In fact, Burke published his work in 1790, before the cobbled streets of Paris echoed with the rumble of tumbrels and the roar of crowds at the guillotine.
我对着她吼,她的鼻子立刻就红了。
I yelled at her. Her nostrils flared.
你现在吼他一声,就知道谁才恐怖。
Just roar at him now and you'll know who is more terrifying.
“不要取笑我!”米奇吼回去。
"Don't make fun of me!" Mikey shouted back.
“你——”西弗勒斯吼了起来。
"YOU —" Severus yelled.
吼猴们在地震一来就发出了警报呼叫。
The howler monkeys sounded an alarm call just after the earthquake.
这是否意味着影片开头的狮子吼就此告终?
Does this mean the end of films opening with a lion's roar?
他心里想吼她——那你来好了!
Here, he wants to bark back, why don't you do it, then?
然后大使先生笑着吼了一句:“愚人节快乐!”
Then Kunfuth grinned and shouted 'April Fools!'
他也吼了起来。
He yelled back.
罗尼转过头大声吼了句:“杰,看你的了。”
Ronnie shouted over his shoulder. "It's up to you, Jay."
她从不指责我,而且当爸爸对我吼的时候妈妈总是护着我。
She never scolds me and takes my side when my father yells at me.
德纳第大娘一声吼。
Screamed the Thenardier.
为什么要吼我?
Why are you yelling at me?
孩子越不在意,你就会吼得越大声,直到把大家都弄得身心疲惫。
The less attention the kids pay, the louder you yell until everybody is frazzled.
孩子越不在意,你就会吼得越大声,直到把大家都弄得身心疲惫。
The less attention the kids pay, the louder you yell until everybody is frazzled.