吾
1、(形声。从口,五声。本义:我)。
2、同本义。
吾,我自称也。---《说文》
吾,我也。---《尔雅·释诂》
愿吾子之教之也。---《仪礼·士冠礼》
吾将镇之以无名之朴。---《老子》
莫吾知兮。---《楚词·屈原·涉江》
毋吾以也。---《论语·先进》
不吾知也。
3、按,在上古时代,“吾”和“我”在语法上有别,吾不用于动词后作宾语。
今者吾丧我。---《庄子·齐物论》
吾侪:我等,我辈,我们
吾当:我
吾侬:我
吾谁与归:我将从谁
吾爱:我所爱的人
吾兄:对朋友的称呼;称自己的兄长
吾祖:我的祖先
吾与:我的同伴、同伙
吾庐:我的住所
吾党:我的同乡;吾辈。
4、抵御。
厚攻则吾,薄攻则薄吾。---《墨子》
5、姓。
他竭力支支吾吾不给予明确的回答。
He tried desperately to wriggle out of giving a clear answer.
他们犹豫了一下,其中一个说:“休吾爵士,他有武器,我们没有。”
They hesitated, and one of them said, "He is armed, Sir Hugh, and we are weaponless."
面试时她支支吾吾找不出适当的话语。
During the interview, she fumbled helplessly for words.
这是休吾爵士和爱迪思小姐。
These were Sir Hugh and the Lady Edith.
以前的休吾爵士被带走了。
The late Sir Hugh was led away.
“我把你当成休吾·亨顿。”迈尔斯尖声说。
"I take thee to be Hugh Hendon," said Miles, sharply.
刹那间,休吾被按在墙上,喉咙被铁钳箍住。
In an instant, Hugh was pinned to the wall, with an iron grip about his throat.
休吾离开了房间。
Hugh left the room.
一种惊喜的表情掠过休吾的脸上,他叫道:“什么!”
An expression of pleased surprise flitted across Hugh's face, and he exclaimed, "What!"
“抱一抱吧,休吾,”他叫道,“说你看见我回来很高兴!”
"Embrace me, Hugh," he cried, "and say thou'rt glad I am come again!"
一位衣着华丽的漂亮女士跟这着休吾,后面是几个穿制服的仆人。
A beautiful lady, richly clothed, followed Hugh, and after her came several liveried servants.
莫吾知也夫!
Alas, no one understands me!
吾名多米诺·哈维,赏金猎人。
My name is Domino Harvey -- I’m a bounty hunter.
孟子曰:“吾今则可以见矣。”
Mencius said, 'To-day I am able to see him.
吾不忍其觳觫,若无罪而就死地。
I cannot bear its frightened appearance, as if it were an innocent person going to the place of death.
吾心已死...何来有尘?
My heart has already died. . . Does it have dust that come?
吾将睡去,似熟睡的孩童。
I'll sleep like a sleeping child.
齐国虽褊小,吾何爱一牛?
But though Qi be a small and narrow State, how should I grudge one ox?
吾称之为“人生三役”。
I dub it “Three Battles in Life”.
吾推祭祖,与夫人同走。
I will feign to offer a sacrifice and leave with my wife.
三年过去了,调查行动仍是支支吾吾。
Three years later, the investigation has stalled.
瑜曰:“吾自去和他说话。”
I'm going to talk with Xuande myself.
孟子曰:“世子疑吾言乎?”
Mencius said to him, 'Prince, do you doubt my words?
吾任何事亦不能为,至多,退缩于室,不得离去。
I couldn't do anything. Mostly, I'd just retreat to a room and not leave.
汝爱情有失,吾仇恨得益!
That thy love's loss is my hate's profiting!
吾奉军师将令,已取城了。
I had orders from the director general to take this city.
遂曰:"吾与马腾结为兄弟,安忍背之?"
“Ma Teng and I were sworn brothers, ” Han Sui said.
于将军不肯移兵,吾明日自移军屯于他处。
If General Yu won't move the men tomorrow, I will.
于将军不肯移兵,吾明日自移军屯于他处。
If General Yu won't move the men tomorrow, I will.