姨
1、(形声。从女,夷声。本义:妻子的姐妹)。
2、同本义。
姨,妻之女弟同出为姨。---《说文》
妻之姊妹同出为姨。---《尔雅》
蔡哀侯曰吾姨也。---《左传·庄公十年》
东宫之妹,邢侯之姨。---《诗·卫风·硕人》。毛传:“妻之姊妹曰姨。”
其妻又吾姨也。---晋·潘安《寡妇赋》
姨夫:妻的姊妹夫;又两男共狎一妓,彼此互称姨夫。
3、母之姊妹。
继室以其侄,穆姜之姨子也。---《左传》。孔颖达疏:“据父言之,谓之姨,据子言之,当谓之从母,但子效父语,亦呼为姨。”
姨丈人:妻之姨夫
姨弟:姨表弟。
4、父亲的小老婆;庶母。
母之姊妹曰姨。---《释名》
其父之侧庶,亦称姨者,姨本姊妹同事一夫之称,后世无媵之礼,而侧庶实与媵比,故虽非母姊妹,而得借比称之。---翟灏《通俗篇》
姨姨:称父之妾;称所亲狎的妓女
姨夫钱:可供循环挪用的他人的钱财。
这是星期六那一天姨爹亲自告诉我的。
My aunt told me so herself on Saturday.
我相信他是咖苔琳夫人的姨侄。
I believe him to be Lady Catherine's nephew.
巴姨,我们只是那么说罢了。
Bai, that's just how we talk.
我连叔叔姑姑或姨舅都没有。
And I don't even have any aunts or uncles!
吉尔姨总是记得我的生日。
Auntie Jill always remembers my birthday.
噢,巴姨,你真的把我当成那种女人了?
Oh Bai, do you really take me for that kind of woman?
“真的,巴姨。”她的眼睛里闪着亮光。
"Yes, Bai," her eyes flashed.
我是姨有一个儿子和女儿。
My aunt has a son and daughter.
甘佳巴姨握起拳头开始慢慢给我捶起腿来。
Ganga Bai started pounding slowly on my legs with her fists.
巴姨,我来取那个便盆。
Bai, I've come for the bedpan.
甘佳巴姨那天晚上值班。
Ganga Bai was on duty in the evening.
可是,拉蒂巴姨,为什么是你来孟买挣钱呢?
But Ratti Bai, why did you come to Bombay to earn money?
五姨家有一个小妹妹。
Five aunt has a little sister.
就是甘佳巴姨说的,是她的情夫的那个“兄弟”。
The same brother Ganga Bai had said was her lover.
甘佳巴姨,你丈夫知道你有很多‘朋友’的事吗?
Ganga Bai, does your husband know about your 'friends'?
巴姨,我实在是不愿说,可贩毒是种卑鄙的营生。
Bai, really I shouldn't say, but selling drugs is a nasty business.
露西有许多叔伯姨姑,所以她有许多堂兄弟姐妹。
Lucy has more uncles and aunts so she has more Cousins.
可是拉蒂巴姨,那你为什么还管那个无赖叫兄弟呢?
But Ratti Bai, why do you call that scoundrel a brother?
我决不会为了要跟你姨侄结婚,就忘了我自己的出身。
In marrying your nephew, I should not consider myself as quitting that sphere.
萨马把他的大女儿从姨家接了回来,而且开始偿还他丈夫的欠款。
Saima took her elder daughter back from the aunt and began paying off her husband's debt.
你姨侄是个绅士,我是绅士的女儿,我们正是旗鼓相当。
He is a gentleman; I am a gentleman's daughter; so far we are equal.
她立即竭力岔开话头说:“巴姨,你连生了两个女娃。”
She immediately tried to change the subject, "Bai, you had two girls in a row."
巴姨,你要是有什么过了时的破旧衣服,别给那个贱女人。
Bai, if you've got any old, worn-out clothes, don't give them to that vile woman.
我们到达营地的时候,我的表亲、姑姨、叔父、甚至祖父母早已到了。
When we arrived at the 2)campground, all my cousins, aunts, uncles, and even my grandparents were there.
消防员正在帮助泰子寻找她姨姨的遗体,但泰子继续自己动手。
Local firefighters had tried to help Sasaki-san look for her aunt's body, but they moved on.
不,拉蒂巴姨。甘佳巴姨是另外一个人。她死了,可怜的女人。
No, Ratti Bai. Ganga Bai was the other one. She died, poor woman.
巴姨,你答应过我把你的旧皮凉鞋(chappals)给我的。
Bai, you promised to give me your old chappals.
我逗弄她说:“只是说波帕特·拉尔把甘佳巴姨打得青一块紫一块的。”
"Just that Popat Lal beats Ganga Bai black and blue," I teased her.
原来是姨姨房子的故址已看不出房屋的影踪,只见从他处漂流而来的残骸。
Where once a house stood today there is nothing but the wreckage of some other place, come to rest from far away.
要是我处在你的地位,我一定要站在姨侄一边,因为他可以给人更大的利益。
But, if I were you, I would stand by the nephew. He has more to give.