掐
1、用指甲切断或截取,摘。
香菱等在山石边掐凤仙花呢。---《红楼梦》
把杈子掐掉
2、镶嵌。
黛玉换上掐金挖云红香羊皮小靴。---《红楼梦》
掐牙:在衣服滚边镶上一条极细的滚条,稍稍露在外面作装饰。
我掐自己以防自己睡着。
I pinched myself to stop myself from falling asleep.
她掐了一下我的胳膊。
She nipped at my arm.
她不得不掐一下自己,弄清楚自己不是在做梦。
She had to pinch herself to make sure she was not dreaming.
农夫又掐了一下乌鸦的头,直到他呱呱地叫。
The peasant once more pinched the raven's head till he croaked loudly.
刹那间,那道光圈被打破了,有什么东西轻轻掐了彼得一下。
For a moment the circle of light was broken, and something gave Peter a loving little pinch.
农夫掐了一下乌鸦的头,结果乌鸦叫了起来,发出了呱呱的声音。
The peasant pinched the raven's head, so that he croaked and made a noise like krr, krr.
我尽量客气地请他把香烟掐了。
I asked him in the nicest possible way to put his cigarette out.
管事的把水给我掐了。
They cut my water off.
她的指甲掐进了我的手腕。
She dug her fingernails into my wrist.
最近一项研究发现,过去两年中,装有家用高速网络的美国人数量实际上有所下降,有15%的人认为自己是“掐线者”。
A recent study found that the number of Americans with high-speed Internet at home today actually fell during the last two years, and 15% of people now consider themselves to be "cord-cutters".
“你掐一下,”我说。
"You're pinching," I say.
已经可以感到那无情指甲的掐印。
The hollowing of that pitiless nail could be felt there.
可怜她的胳膊上到处都是伤痕,全是我给掐的。
Poor thing had bruises all up her arms, due to I started pinching her.
老师不动手,姜浩就自己掐。
If the teacher did not do it, he would do it by himself.
我还掐我老婆!
Pinched my wife!
掐一下你裙子的腰或是裤腰,这样你的衣服会看起来更贵。
Nip the waist of that dress or those pants in and your outfit will automatically look more expensive.
萨莉舅妈轻轻地吻了她的脸颊,温柔地掐了一下她。
Aunt Sally kissed her lightly on the cheek and squeezed Fannie gently.
如果乔有留心注意的话,时间也许就不需要掐得那么准了。
If Joe had been paying attention, the timing wouldn't have needed to be quite so exact.
但是克兰西,不是那位惊悚小说作家,也是一个掐线的例子。
But Clancy - who has no relation to the thriller writer - is also an example of the hurdles cord cutters face.
“那你为什么不掐自己一下呢?”梅金翻着眼皮儿说,“还是你醒醒吧!”
“What about pinching yourself?” Megan rolled her eyes as she said that. “You wake up?”
茱莉亚掐了自己一下,希望这只是个梦,可是挨掐的地方又红又疼。
Julia pinched herself, hoping this was just a dream but it hurt and her flesh had turned a bright pink.
如果热门西班牙最后以H组第二出线,那么他们将在第二轮死掐巴西。
If the favourites finish second in Group H they are likely to collide with Brazil in the second round.
有时困了,听不进去,姜浩就对老师说:“老师,你掐掐我的脚吧。”
Sometimes when he felt tired in class, he would ask the teacher to pinch his legs.
有时是趁她在睡觉的时候,遇到我心血来潮气得发疯,就会去掐她一下。
In her sleep, or sometimes I would get so mad and just come up quick and do it.
该调查事关重大因为对未来掐线人数的估计已经让电视制片人们开始担忧了。
The study is significant because the prospect of cord-cutting has deeply worried television executives.
可以尝试一下快速针压法:掐虎口(大拇指和食指之间的部位)2分钟,然后慢慢松开。
Try this quick acupressure technique on yourself: pinch the point between your thumb and forefinger and hold for two minutes then gradually release.
可以尝试一下快速针压法:掐虎口(大拇指和食指之间的部位)2分钟,然后慢慢松开。
Try this quick acupressure technique on yourself: pinch the point between your thumb and forefinger and hold for two minutes then gradually release.