敢
1、(会意。本义:勇敢,有胆量) 同本义。
敢,进取也。---《说文》
敢,勇也。---《广雅》
信理遂惔谓之敢。---《贾子道术》
洁廉而果敢者也。---《大戴礼记·文王官人》。注:“不忧不惧也。”
天下有中敢直其身。---《荀子·性恶》
刚毅勇敢不以伤人。---《荀子·非十二子》
九国之师,逡巡而不敢进。---贾谊《过秦论》
袭与凌统俱为前部,各将敢死百人。---《三国志·董袭传》
于是平原君从之,得敢死之士三千人。---《史记·平原君虞卿列传》
敢毅:勇敢刚毅
敢士:勇士
敢直:果敢正直
敢勇:果敢英勇
敢断:果敢决断。
2、有胆量做某种事情。
乡之行劫缚者,侧目莫敢过其门。---唐·柳宗元《童区寄传》
寡人帅不腆吴国之役,遵汶之上,不敢左右,唯好之故。---《国语·吴语》
人不敢与忤视。---《战国策·燕策》
人人自以为必死,然畏愬,莫敢违。---《资治通鉴·唐纪》
敢说;敢想;敢干;敢士:敢死之士
敢勇当先:勇于承担责任。
3、谦词,自言冒昧。
寡君闻吾子将步师出于敝邑,敢犒从者。---《左传·僖公三十三年》
敢言;敢请;我敢预言;敢问:请问;相问。
4、岂敢;哪敢。
奉事循公姥,进止敢自专?---《玉台新咏·古诗为焦仲卿妻作》
感荷君子德,恍若乘朽栈。---韩愈《赠张籍》
先生之恩,生死而肉骨也,敢不努力以效龟蛇之诚。---明·马中锡《中山狼传》
5、大约。
你子母二位敢未打火?---《水浒传》
他轻声嘀咕道:“她怎么敢。”
'How dare she,' he muttered under his breath.
很少有人敢宣称他们反对这个政权。
Few people dared to declare their opposition to the regime.
她敢冒险呆在原地不动吗?
Dare she risk staying where she was?
你怎么敢对我妄加评论?
How dare you sit in judgement on me?
你敢从这座高桥上跳下去吗?
Dare you dive from the high bridge?
你怎么敢和另一个女人约会!
How dare you date with another woman!
你敢穿过那片森林吗?
Dare you go through the woods?
他怒气冲冲地说:“你们怎么敢按铃叫我?”
In an angry voice, he said: "How do you dare to ring for me?"
没有一个人敢面对门。
Not one dared to face the door.
没有人敢跟着我们。
No one would dare to follow us.
你要是敢你就跳!
You can jump if you dare!
你怎么敢这么说!
How dare you say that!
“你怎么敢,“她怒气冲冲地说,“溜进我的花园,像个贼一样偷我的莴苣?”
"How can you dare," said she with angry look, "descend into my garden and steal my rampion like a thief?"
他说明年他敢尝试一次类似的挑战。
He said he's game for a similar challenge next year.
我付了$80修车里的收音机,我敢断定他们只是换了根保险丝。
I paid $80 to have my car radio fixed and I bet all they did was change a fuse.
我怎么敢再见到我的好妈妈呢?
How shall I ever look at my little mother again?
他敢张嘴解释吗?
Dare he open his mouth to explain?
你要是再敢笑我,我就让你笑。
If you laugh at me again, I'll make you laugh.
你敢相信,亚马逊丛林的一个灌木丛中的蚂蚁种类可能比整个英国的蚂蚁种类还要多!
Can you believe that a single bush in the Amazon may have more species of ants than the whole of Britain!
我是您最卑微的仆人,怎么敢教您呢?
I, the humblest of thy servants, presume to teach thee?
有些报纸甚至敢拒绝远郊地区的派送。
Some papers even had the nerve to refuse delivery to distant suburbs.
爱丽丝扯着嗓子大声喊道:“你敢!”
Alice called out as loud as she could, "If you do!"
拒绝吧,你以为你敢冒险!
Refuse, an' you think you may venture!
小孩子放学后要敢快回家。
Children should return to their homes quickly after school.
那个士兵因勇他的敢而被授予一枚奖章。
The soldier was awarded a medal for his bravery.
哈奇,要是我打头阵,你敢跟我一块去吗?
Hucky, do you das't to go if I lead?
艾玛终于敢摸兔子啦!
Emma finally touches the rabbit!
你竟然敢戏弄我?
Are you poking fun at me?
如果没有人敢挺身而出站反对霸凌,情况会更糟。
If no one has the courage to speak out against bullying, the situation will be worse.
你要敢这样无礼地对待他,他就会扯掉你的老胡子。
He would pull thy old beard, an' thou didst offer him such an insolence.