查
1、(形声。从木,且声。本义:木筏)。
2、同本义。同“楂”。
有巨查浮于西海。---晋·王嘉《拾遗记·唐尧》
查影:筏影,船影
查头:船头。
查
1、棍、杖之类。
懦弱底与它几下刀背,顽猾底与它一顿铁查。---宋·佚名《张协状元》
2、放纵不拘礼度的人。
近代流俗,呼丈夫妇人纵放不拘礼度者为查。---《封氏闻见记》
查语:怪诞或不拘礼度的话
查谈:同查语
查查胡胡:咋咋呼呼。表示炫耀自己。
3、张开;分开。
一双怪眼似明星,两耳过肩查又硬。---《西游记》
查耳:张开耳朵
查沙:方言。张开,伸开。
4、姓。
通过鼠标的一点你就能查电子邮件。
You can check your e-mail with a click of your mouse.
你可以在网站上查一下开放的时间吗?
Can you look up the opening times on the website?
我想查一下我账户的余额。
I'd like to check the balance in my account please.
我们最好在本地报纸上查一下这场比赛。
We'd better check on the game in the local paper.
如果你不知道自己的胆固醇水平,最好去查一下。
If you don't know your cholesterol level, it's a good idea to have it checked.
我们可以在乘客名单上查一下。
We can check that on the passenger list.
今天早上我查了大学网站上的活动版块。
This morning I checked the events section of the university's website.
我要查我的账户余额。
I would like to check my balance.
让我在电脑上查一下。
Let me check on the computer.
让我一个一个地查。
Let me check these one by one.
你用手机可以查下一趟车什么时候来,非常方便。
It's convenient if you want to check and see when the next bus is coming.
让我查一下目录。
Let me look it up in the catalog.
查一下这些词,找出它们的含义以及它们与神话的关系。
Look these words up to find their meaning and relationship to myths.
政府重申一定要查个水落石出。
The government reiterated its resolve to uncover the truth.
你的孩子首先要由耳鼻喉专家诊查。
In the first instance your child will be seen by an ear, nose and throat specialist.
查克会责备我,叫我去理发。
Chuck would lecture me, telling me to get a haircut.
查伦坐在前排的靠背长椅上。
Charlene sat in the front pew.
这位男士伸出了他的手:“我是查克。”
The man extended his hand: "I'm Chuck."
我总是查我的星象,然后依照其建议行事。
I always read my horoscope and follow the advice.
查克允许佩尔曼开始公开谈论他经受的伤害。
Chuck gave Pellman the go-ahead to speak publicly about the injury he sustained.
每三个月查一次表。
Meter readings are taken every three months.
值得查一下这本手册看看你的收入是否该纳税。
It is worth consulting the guide to see whether your income is taxable.
我一时想不起这个名字,不过我可以给你查一查。
I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but I can look it up for you.
信被截查了。
The letter was intercepted.
查普曼是家里的诙谐人物,他有诀窍在任何场合开玩笑。
Chapman was the family clown, with a knack for making a joke out of any situation.
他把查克堵到一个角落,然后用拳残忍地猛击了他三十秒。
He trapped Chuck in a corner and pummelled him ferociously for thirty seconds.
查克没有工作、居无定所,也没有朋友,还得忍受异国文化带来的冲击。
Chuck is jobless, homeless, friendless, and suffering from culture shock.
请把生词圈起来,并在字典中查一查。
Please circle the new words and look them up in the dictionary.
你最好坐火车。在时刻表上查一查合适的列车。
You'd better take a train. Look up the suitable trains in the timetable.
他上网查火车时间并买票。
He goes on the Internet to check the times of trains and buy tickets.