爷
1、(形声。从父,耶声。简体字“卩”只是个符号。本义:父亲)。
2、同本义。也作“耶”。
愿为市鞍马,从此替爷征。---《木兰诗》
卷卷有爷名。
旦辞爷娘去。
爷娘闻女来。
爷娘皇天:呼爹叫娘,嚎天喊地。
3、爷爷。
4、祖父——多叠用。
爷爷会织布、会种田、还会养牛
5、旧时对主人、上官或尊贵者的称呼 。如王爷;相爷;老爷;少爷。
6、自矜之称。
祥子明知道上工辞工都是常有的事,此处不留爷,自有留爷处。---老舍《骆驼祥子》
老天爷作证,玛丽,我不是开玩笑。
Honest to God, Mary, I'm not joking.
嗬,老天爷!看是谁在这儿。
Well, I'll be buggered! Look who's here.
老天爷呀!千万别让他死啊。
Please God, don't let him be dead.
好啦,看在老天爷的份上,你不必道歉了。
Well, for Heaven's sake, you don't need to apologize.
爵爷有事出去了。
His Lordship is away on business.
我站起来讲话,可是—老天爷呀—我发现自己忘了带讲稿。
I stood up to speak and—horror of horrors—realized I had left my notes behind.
哦,我的老天爷,谢天谢地!
Oh, lordy, I'm thankful!
我的老天爷!
My Goodness!; Good Gracious!; Good heavens!
一个老天爷给我们的最伟大的礼物。
One of God's greatest gifts to us.
我的叔爷是佛罗里达的银行家。
My great Uncle is a banker in Florida.
割爷,您再准备一副有铃铛的膝带。
Father Fauvent, you will get another knee-cap with a bell.
他听过人们关于膀爷的所有争论。
He's heard all the arguments about skin-exposing men.
老天爷,把前门关上!绕后门走。
For heaven's sake keep the front door shut!
老天爷!我从没有见过那样的蜘蛛!
Oh my God! I've never seen a spider like that!
我永远也不相信伦敦人会祈求老天爷下雨。
I would never believe that Londoners would pray for rain.
老天爷,这比我能想起来的更加艰难。
God, this was even harder than I remembered.
这次会议在洞爷湖畔的温莎饭店举行。
The meet was held in Windsor Toya Hotel, Lake Toya.
对话会议在洞爷湖畔的温莎饭店举行。
The meeting was held in Windsor Toya Hotel, Lake Toya.
老天爷,我的好姑娘,求你从头讲一遍。
For heaven's sake, my dear girl, try a fresh start.
割风爷,我救过您的命。
Father Fauchelevent, I saved your life.
别那么咳个不停,吉蒂,看老天爷份上吧!
Don't keep coughing so, Kitty, for heaven's sake!
万大爷痛苦地意识到一家人的看法有分歧。
Grandpa Wan grew painfully aware that the family were divided in their attitude.
你明白了吗,你是爵爷,就和我的拖鞋一样!
See here, you are no more a baron than my slipper is!
你不会是个兔儿爷吧?
You’re not a fag, are you?
你现在居然是爵爷了。
well! so you are a baron now.
哎呀,老天爷——你就从来没到这个车站来过?
Well, Heavens. Didn’t you ever come down here to the station?
哎呀,老天爷——你就从来没到这个车站来过?
Well, Heavens. Didn't you ever come down here to the station?
但还有些会说,哦,老天爷,现在知道怎么回事了。
But some are like, 'Oh, my God, now it makes sense.
但还有些会说,哦,老天爷,现在知道怎么回事了。
But some are like, 'Oh, my God, now it makes sense.