矮
1、(形声。从矢,委声。本义:身材短)。
2、同本义(古汉语多用短,少用矮)。
矮,短人也。---《说文新附》
道州地产民多矮,每年常配乡户,竟以其男号为矮奴。---《旧唐书·阳城传》。
又矮又胖;矮个:身材短小的人。
3、低,不高。
矮墙低屋的,难道都不怕亲戚们听见笑话了吗?---《红楼梦》。
矮屋:低小的小屋。
4、情感不高尚的;卑下的。
当着矮人,别说矮话。---《红楼梦》
他又矮又胖,有个很大的啤酒肚。
He was short and fat, with a large beer belly.
小心,别把头撞在这矮梁上。
Be careful you don't knock your head on this low beam.
我又高又瘦,他又矮又胖。
I'm tall and thin and he's short and fat.
她比姐姐足足矮四英寸。
She is a full four inches shorter than her sister.
他抽出几张光面照片铺在一张矮咖啡桌上。
He extracted several glossy prints and spread them out on a low coffee table.
他长得又瘦又矮,他非常和蔼。
He's thin and short. He's very kind.
看看那些警察。他们的个子矮吗?
Look at the policemen. Are they short?
她发现自己在一个又长又矮的大厅里。
She found herself in a long, low hall.
长颈鹿是高的。我是矮的。
The giraffes are tall. And I'm short.
那个女警察是矮还是高?
Is that policewoman short or tall?
我的化学老师不高不矮。
My chemistry teacher isn't tall and short.
我比你更瘦,而且更矮。
I'm thinner than you, and shorter.
它比西边的矮5英寸。
It's 5 inches shorter than the west side.
你年纪越来越大,而你也可能在变得越来越矮。
You're not just getting older. You're probably getting shorter, too.
我长得又矮又瘦。
I'm short and thin.
我比你更瘦更矮。
I'm thinner and shorter than you.
她高些而他矮些。
She is taller and he is shorter.
在更新世时期,孤立在岛上的几种大象迅速变矮。
During the Pleistocene epoch, several species of elephants isolated on islands underwent rapid dwarfing.
我弟弟比我矮。
My brother is shorter than me.
不,我不矮!
No, I'm not short!
他又矮又瘦。
He's short and thin.
例如,我们认为矮的男孩不可能成为好的篮球运动员。
For example, we think that short boys can't possibly be good basketball players.
帐篷的地板上摆着几张垫子,还有一张矮桌子和一个茶壶。
The tent was furnished with a few mats on the floor, and a low table with a teapot.
每当我试图弯腰让自己看起来更矮时,他就会告诉我:“挺直腰板,艾丽莎。”
Whenever I tried to bend myself in order to appear shorter, he would tell me, "Stand straight and tall, Alisa."
现在,冥王星可能是个矮行星,但是,亲爱的克莱德,在我书中你仍然是第一个发现行星的美国人。
Pluto may be a dwarf planet now, Clyde baby, but you're still the first American to discover a planet in my book.
我们把两匹矮种马套到了车上。
We harnessed two ponies to the cart.
那条铁路旁边有一片矮灌木丛和林地。
There is an area of scrub and woodland beside the railway line.
他们把矮种马赶进了畜栏。
They drove the ponies into a corral.
你的矮种马养在哪儿?
Where do you stable your pony?
她又矮又胖。
She was short and dumpy.