蛮
1、(形声。本义:中国古代对南方各族的泛称。旧时也用以泛指四方的少数民族)。
2、同本义。
蛮,南蛮也。---《说文》
蛮畿。---《周礼·大司马》
蛮服。又,四夷、八蛮、七闽、九貉、五戎、六狄之人民。---《周礼·职方氏》
九夷、八狄、七戎、六蛮谓之四海。---《尔雅·释地》
三百里蛮。---《书·禹贡》
蛮荆来威。---《诗·小雅·采芑》
蛮夷要服。---《国语·周语》
瘴疠浮三蜀,风云暗百蛮。---杜甫《闷》
蛮声哈剌:南方叽哩呱拉的声音
蛮人:指南方人
蛮布:蛮人所织的布
蛮风:指南方蛮地的风;蛮地的风情习俗,引申为粗野的风俗
蛮烟:南方蛮地的瘴烟。
我有一间蛮大的屋子,所以住得还不坏。
I've got quite a big room so I'm not too badly off.
就这样做下去—你做得蛮不错嘛。
Keep going like that—you're doing fine.
这个箱子用作桌子还蛮不错。
The box will do fine as a table.
这么小的一辆汽车的头上空间蛮大的。
There's a lot of headroom for such a small car.
依我看问题还是蛮多的。
My impression is that there are still a lot of problems.
我有时会为这份工作而感到忧虑。话虽如此,我还是蛮喜欢干的,因为这是一个挑战。
I sometimes get worried in this job. Having said that, I enjoy doing it, it's a challenge.
听起来蛮有趣的。我刚好想买个茶壶。
Sounds interesting. I just want to buy a teapot.
一只看起来还蛮严肃的狗狗打扮成剑龙。
A rather serious-looking dog dressed up as a stegosaurus.
他俩的关系蛮不错。
They are on pretty good terms.
这电影蛮好。
This is quite a good film.; This is a pretty good film.
班纳特小姐,你们这块草地的那一头,似乎颇有几分荒野的景色,蛮好看的。
Miss Bennet, there seemed to be a prettyish kind of a little wilderness on one side of your lawn.
从父母的观点、看法可能蛮分开。
From parents' viewpoint, the opinions could be quite divided.
苏珊:你晕船时看上去还是蛮好的。
Susan: you look good when you're seasick.
那部电影蛮老的啊,不过很不错。
That's an old one but a good one.
我觉得蛮无聊的,就回使馆吃午饭。
When I got bored with that, I returned to the embassy for lunch.
蛮不错的嘛!你还有做其他的运动吗?
Not bad! Do you do any other sports?
我觉得,这样发泄发泄蛮好的。
I think this is the appropriate outlet.
是的,流言蛮语不会把我们击倒。
Yes, words won't bring us down.
听起来蛮有趣的。我刚好想买个茶壶。
Sounds interesting.I just want to buy a teapot.
我们听了一些蛮特别的音乐。
We listened to some funky music.
她挺开心,也很有意思,问题也蛮多。
She was happy, funny, and questioning.
是的,流言蛮语不能击倒你。
Yes, words can't bring U down.
是的,流言蛮语不会击倒我。
Yes, words can't bring me down.
除了吠叫声外,这种安排还蛮适合我的。
Apart from the barking, the arrangement suits me fine.
高空弹跳看起来蛮好玩的。
Bungee jumping looks like fun.
乍眼一看,实验蛮可笑的。
At first glance, this seems like a ridiculous experiment.
这种状况的形成历经了蛮长的一段时间。
It has been a long time forming.
这种状况的形成历经了蛮长的一段时间。
It has been a long time forming.