趁
1、(形声。本义:追逐)。
2、同本义。
急逐趁之,蟆入草间。---《聊斋志异·促织》
疾趁:急追
趁逐:追逐;追求
趁赶:追逐。
趁记忆犹新,我来把它写下来。
Let me write it down while it's still fresh in my mind.
我趁孩子睡觉抽空干了一小时的活。
I got in an hour's work while the baby was asleep.
她趁孩子们不在时收拾了他们的房间。
She took advantage of the children's absence to tidy their rooms.
趁客人还没到,我得去打扮一下好见人。
I must go and make myself presentable before the guests arrive.
趁米饭热时把蔬菜拌进去。
The vegetables are stirred into the rice while it is hot.
趁情况尚好,成千上万的人正在尽快撤离。
People are leaving in the thousands while the going is good.
趁客人还没来,她匆匆把屋子打扫了一下。
She gave the room a quick once-over before the guests arrived.
我想趁这个机会讲几句话。
I'd like to take this opportunity to say a few words.
啊,你要当心,可怜的人,趁你还来得及,赶快逃走吧。
Oh, be warned, poor soul, and escape while you may.
你最好趁年轻时学一点手艺,以便在年老时不靠行骗为生。
You'd better learn a trade while you are young, so that you may not cheat for a living when you are old.
你可以去 M.I.C.的商店买到这个限量版的人偶,价格是69.90美元,趁还有存货。
You can visit the M.I.C. store and get this limited edition action figure for $69.90 while stocks last.
她趁别人还没醒,溜出了房子。
She slipped out of the house before the others were awake.
嘘!咱们现在趁别人没看见时走吧!
Psst! Let's get out now before they see us!
我们很早就起床出发了,趁天还没热。
We were up and off early to beat the heat.
我等待时机,趁没人注意时溜了出去。
I waited my chance and slipped out when no one was looking.
他趁澳大利亚的休赛期在意大利执教并参赛。
He has coached and played in Italy during the Australian off season.
挑选你最喜欢的水果或蔬菜,趁新鲜腌制起来。
Select your favourite fruit or veg and pickle them while they are still fresh.
他趁入侵之时夺取了政权,作为占领者的傀儡统治着这个国家。
When the invasion occurred he seized power and ruled the country as a puppet of the occupiers.
趁建筑工人在工地上时叫他们完成额外的建筑工作要比叫他回来做一点小工便宜。
It is cheaper to have extra building work done when the builder is on site, rather than bringing him back for a small job.
从这个故事中我们了解到旅馆的主人想趁老人睡觉的时候偷他的包。
From the story we know the owner of the hotel wanted to steal the old man's bag when he slept.
趁天还亮着,我们得赶快走。
We must get off while it's daylight.
有一天,他趁妈妈没看见,溜出房子,又爬上了豆茎!
One day, when his mum wasn't looking, he sneaked out of the house and climbed the beanstalk again!
兄弟阋墙,只能为他人所趁。
Quarrelling brothers could only play into the hands of outsiders.
趁还未开冻,我们去溜冰吧。
Let's go skating before the thaw sets in.
敌人趁黑夜狼狈溃逃。
The enemy fled in disorder by night.
趁所有人都忙活着,我们四处看看。
Let's have a look around while everyone's busy.
及时行乐,趁你还是能乐的年纪。
Enjoy yourself, while you're still in the pink.
趁蛋糕还新鲜,我们把它吃了吧。
Let's eat the cake while it's still fresh.
趁天气好,我把房子油漆了一遍。
I took advantage of the good weather to paint the house.
趁这会儿光线充足我必须把这项工作完成。
I must finish off this work while the light is good.