遏
1、(形声。从辵(chuò),曷声。本义:抑制;阻止,阻拦)。
2、阻止。
遏,止也。---《尔雅·释诂》
君子以遏恶扬善。---《易·大有卦》
夏王率遏众力。---《书·汤誓》
胜殷遏刘。---《诗·周颂·武》
式遏寇虐。---《诗·大雅·民劳》
声振林木,响遏行云。---《列子·汤问》
锄其直,遏其生气。---清·龚自珍《病梅馆记》
到中流击水,浪遏飞舟。---毛泽东《沁园春·长沙》
遏捺:按捺,遏止
遏密:指皇帝死后禁绝演奏作乐
遏讼:阻止诉讼
遏塞:阻塞
遏刘:抑制暴乱,阻止杀伐。
3、断绝。
四海遏密八音。---《书·舜典》
遏佚:断绝;丧失
遏绝:诛灭;灭绝。
4、伤害。
命之不易,无遏尔躬。---《诗·大雅·文王》
5、遮拦;遮蔽。
扑击遏夺。---《吕氏春秋·安死》
片善亦不遏。---孟郊《投所知》
遏阳:遮阳
遏逸:掩盖和丢弃
遏隐:遮掩;掩盖。
6、堰。
以嘉平二年,立遏于水…遏高一丈,东西长三十丈,南北广七十余步。---《水经注·鲍丘水》
说“生气”都不够—我是怒不可遏。
Angry is not the word for it —I was furious.
我听到一个怒不可遏的人说着德语。
I heard a very angry man talking in German.
内心里,弗兰尼怒不可遏。
Inside, Frannie was raging.
她受了骗,怒不可遏。
She was absolutely furious at having been deceived.
威廉怒不可遏。
William was seized with uncontrollable rage.
她怒不可遏。
She was incandescent with rage.
他怒不可遏。
He was boiling with rage.
这一裁决令消费者怒不可遏,许多自由贸易者大喊不公。
It was a ruling that had consumers seething with anger and many a free trader crying foul.
我非常非常的生气,我怒不可遏。
I am so very very angry, I am furious.
他的无礼使我怒不可遏。
His rudeness made me boil with anger.
她怒不可遏,竟然对他尖声叫骂起来。
In her anger, she fairly screamed at him.
她脸色煞白,我怒不可遏。
She went white; I was furious.
一次尝到血,虎欲永难遏。
The tiger that has once tasted blood is never sated with the taste of it.
当天她的昔日恋人就怒不可遏地发来了一封电邮。
Later that day, she received an angry email from her former flame.
明尼苏达人对局势只是轻度愤怒而不是怒不可遏。
Minnesotans seem mildly exasperated by the situation rather than enraged.
部分直接的原因在于认识到丧失主权后的怒不可遏。
Partly, it is a simple matter of bristling at the perceived loss of sovereignty.
当我回来时,她站在屋里,怒不可遏地颤抖着,脸色苍白。
When I returned, she was standing in the room, trembling with rage and white-face.
怒不可遏的玩家的留言包括:“我希望这不是黑客干的。”
Furious gamers left comments including 'I hope it's not related to those hackers.
他怒不可遏地吼道:“一个凡间的小毛孩也比岩石更强大吗?
Then he cried in his wrath, “Is a mere child of earth mightier than a rock?
那么,最让你怒不可遏的事就是有人告诉说你“感情过于丰富”了。
So what makes you most irritated is when someone tells you you're being "overly emotional."
每当我看见其他男孩撇下我去追随他,我就变得心急如焚,怒不可遏。
I became worried and angry when I saw the other boys follow him instead of me.
他因去年12月14日在布什的新闻发布会上怒不可遏的行为而被拘留。
He has been in custody since the outburst on December 14 last year during a Bush news conference.
她的这番结论让我怒不可遏,“她是谁,凭什么告诉我能做什么或不能做什么。”
Upon hearing her evaluation I became furious for I thought, "Who is she to tell me what I can or cannot do."
这本书当即阻止了美国的城市重建运动,让摩西、费尔特、芒福德等人怒不可遏。
It stopped America's urban renewal movement in its tracks, to the utter fury of Moses, Felt, Mumford and the rest.
但是当他们要求补贴的账单在伦敦《每日电信》被揭露出来之后,人们义愤得怒不可遏。
But when details of what they were claiming were leaked to London's Daily Telegraph, the outrage hit fever pitch.
芳汀回到家里,怒不可遏,把经过说给她那好邻居玛格·丽特听:“您懂得这种道理吗?”
Fantine returned home. She was furious, and related the occurrence to her good neighbor Marguerite: "Can you understand such a thing?"
芳汀回到家里,怒不可遏,把经过说给她那好邻居玛格·丽特听:“您懂得这种道理吗?”
Fantine returned home. She was furious, and related the occurrence to her good neighbor Marguerite: "Can you understand such a thing?"