顧
别的老师对她的提议不屑一顾。
Her fellow teachers greeted her proposal with scorn.
我对那项建议当然会不屑一顾。
I shall treat that suggestion with the contempt it deserves.
他对我所做的一切都不屑一顾。
He was contemptuous of everything I did.
他们态度轻蔑,不屑一顾。
They were sneeringly dismissive.
他们对他的行为不屑一顾。
They looked on his behaviour with contempt.
我没有达到对几十万美元不屑一顾的经济境况。
I'm not in a financial position to turn up my nose at several hundred thousand dollars.
琼斯先生对那份报告不屑一顾,说那里面充斥着不准确的信息。
Mr. Jones was dismissive of the report, saying it was riddled with inaccuracies.
顾方舟曾说:“我一生都在做一件事。”
"I spent my whole life doing one thing," Gu Fangzhou once said.
顾方舟于1926年6月生,是一名著名医学家。
Gu Fangzhou, a famous medical scientist, was born in June, 1926.
顾说:“那时候,预防脊髓灰质炎的唯一办法就是发明疫苗。”
"At that time the only way to prevent polio was to invent a vaccine," said Gu.
顾说:“我们心满意足。我可以告诉人们,我已经尽力了,你们的孩子不会再得小儿麻痹症了。”
"We feel satisfied. I can tell people that I tried my best, and your kids will no longer get polio," said Gu.
毕业后,顾决定从事帮助改善公共卫生的工作。
After graduation, Gu made the decision to work to help improve public health.
1957年,顾被叫去领导脊髓灰质炎的研究。
Gu was asked to lead polio research in 1957.
被誉为“糖丸之父”的顾方舟于2019年1月2日去世。
Known as "the father of sugar pills", Gu passed away on January 2, 2019.
1959年,顾成功研制出第一种脊髓灰质炎活疫苗。
In 1959 Gu succeeded in developing the first polio live vaccine.
“如果我们都不相信自己创造的东西,别人怎么能相信呢?”顾说。
"If we don't believe in what we produce, how can others believe in it?" said Gu.
为了测试疫苗,顾亲自接种了疫苗,后来他一个月大的儿子也接种了疫苗。
To test the vaccine, Gu tried the vaccine in person and later his one-month-old son was vaccinated.
能请顾兰德先生接电话吗?
Can I speak to Mr Grand, please?
这个站在台前的漂亮女子看起来对这位登徒子根本不屑一顾。
The pretty woman up front didn't seem to give a damn about this Lothario.
拉格菲尔德身穿迪奥的灰蓝色宽条纹紧身西装,戴着一副飞行员墨镜,对这种做法不屑一顾。
Lagerfeld, who was dressed in a tight Dior suit of broad gray and blue stripes, and a pair of aviator sunglasses, disdains this practice.
一位立法人员对这些活动人士的担忧不屑一顾,跟她说:“我丈夫对此负责,而我留在家里。”
A legislative staffer dismissed the activist's concerns, telling her "my husband took care of that—I stayed home".
法国葡萄酒行业的领导人对这一结果感到愤怒,法国媒体对此反应迟缓,对这一事件也不屑一顾。
Leaders of the French wine industry were outraged at the results, and the French press was both slow to respond and dismissive of the event.
我的一个荷兰教授对一个意大利人不屑一顾,他说:“所有的意大利人都只关心意大利面和妈妈。”
One Dutch professor I had dismissed another Italian one, saying, "All the Italians care about are pasta and mamma."
顾氏的诗歌表明了他对社会的沮丧和不满。
Gu's poetry shows his downheartedness and discontentedness with the society.
这么多事你一个人顾得过来吗?
You've got so many things to attend to. Can you manage all by yourself?
他对这种假惺惺的谄谀不屑一顾。
He is above the insincere flattery.
我们尽忙着鸡毛蒜皮的事,还没顾上呢!
We haven't had time. We've been too busy with trivial matters!
现在我们已经大人了,我们可能会不屑一顾地掩埋藏宝和喜剧“玛迈塞特”口音的故事。
We might dismiss tales of buried treasure and comedy "mummerset" accents out of hand now that we're grown-ups.
顾校长,感谢你充满溢美之词的介绍。
Thank you, President Gu, for that most flattering introduction.
但问题是顾磊杰已经富甲一方了。
But Mr Gupta was a wealthy man already.